Pros and Cons of Fiberglass Garage Doors
Most of the homeowners are focused to improve the looks of their property and therefore, opt for installing luxurious garage doors. Timber or wooden doors are expensive categories that not only offer great security, but also enhance the aesthetic appeal of a garage and home. For those who can not afford timber garage doors, an alternative do exist, i.e. fiberglass. This material is more durable than wood and resolve the drawbacks encountered by wooden garage doors.
Pros of fiberglass garage doors are:
- The ultimate reason behind the popularity of fiberglass door is its low price. They are generally opted by those homeowners who are on a tight budget, but still want to own a beautiful door. Their price is much less compared of wooden doors.
- Fiberglass doors are available in various designs, patterns, and finishes. They offer more aesthetic and classy looks that makes them widely popular amongst people.
- These doors are easy to customize as fiberglass can be easily cut and modified compared to wood. Moreover, they are available in translucent shades and colors that makes them the ideal choice, in case your garage is used as an office, gym or spare room.
- Unlike all other garage door materials, fiberglass is lightweight in nature. This makes these doors easy to handle and install. They are also maintenance friendly and require minimum efforts for cleaning and lubricating.
- One of the most prominent feature offered by this door is that it is less prone to damages and rotting compared to wooden ones. Moreover, they don’t get affected by rains and snow.
Cons of fiberglass garage doors:
- They are not environment friendly and takes a considerably long time for disposing. This generally due to the use of synthetic material.
- Fiberglass doors doesn’t provide insulation benefits compared to wooden doors that are great in insulation. This makes them brittle in cold climates which probably affects their operation.
These are the most popular pros and cons of fiberglass garage door materials. Before choosing a new garage door for installation, its important that you should go through its pros and cons. In case, you are not able to decide which door material is best for you, consult us today at St. Albert Garage Doors.